The first time you visit the community please scroll to the bottom of this page to accept the code of conduct.
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established rules, etiquette, legal requirements and privacy policies regarding participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important items. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community at any time.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and your comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that is the intellectual property of another.
- Remember that other participants may have the right to reproduce postings to this site.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject or remove any message for any reason.
- You may not post, forward, transmit or make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or any other proprietary right of any party.
- You may not post, forward, transmit or make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location. CUNA does not provide for anonymity.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as is and is a service for the members of or those authorized by Credit Union National Association (CUNA). CUNA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
CUNA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTY, LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMMUNITY. BY USING THE COMMUNITY YOU HEREBY DISCLAIM, WAIVE AND FULLY RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS WHETHER IN WARRANTY (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE , YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE AGAINST CUNA OR ITS AFFILIATES, FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE, RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE AND ACCESS TO THE COMMUNITY.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by intellectual property rights without the permission of the owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the intellectual property rights with respect to such material or has received permission from the owner. In addition, the posting party grants CUNA and users of this site the perpetual, royalty-free, nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information.
Messages may not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
CUNA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of CUNA, we will take appropriate action.
CUNA reserves the right to terminate access to any user.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect certain personal, business, geographic and demographic Information such as name, address, phone, email addresses, identification numbers, call report, survey data. We also collect additional information, most often provided directly by you. We also collect certain information relating to your visits to our website. We use Information to promote, provide and confirm purchase of products and services, both from CUNA and its partners/vendors, and to improve on the quality of products and services provided. We use the information to educate ourselves on our members to best address member needs and desires, to track and measure web usage, to improve our websites and web based services, and to efficiently communicate with you. Information we collect is not sold to third parties but may be disclosed when it facilitates the offering, provision or administration of products and services, or when it is required by legal process. We may share Information with CUNA affiliates, such as credit union leagues, vendors, exhibitors or sponsors.
How We Collect Information
Information we collect is most often voluntarily provided by you, for example by your registration for events or purchase of products/services, but is sometimes obtained from public or third party sources, or in some instances through the use of “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that allows the storage of such information. Cookies are important and necessary part of providing personalized services to our users.
How We Protect Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic Information. Because there are inherent risks to confidentiality associated with the Intranet, CUNA has made substantial investment in technology to protect the Information it collects. When appropriate, we encrypt Information, and only authorized individuals have access to your Information. For your convenience, our websites may include links to third party sites. CUNA does not control those sites and does not maintain or guarantee privacy or security on those sites.
This policy will be kept current on this site and we invite you to refer to it regularly. Should this site link to another non-CUNA site, we urge you to also visit their privacy pages. If at any time you have questions regarding, or are in any way uncomfortable with the use of your Information, we urge you to contact us directly at 1 800-356-9655 so that we may answer your questions or otherwise address your concern.